This is just going to be a general post about some things that are going on in the world of Vampire the Masquerade, the Classic World of Darkness, and RPGs in general that I thought I would share with my readers.
|A Hollow One from M20 by Steve Prescott|
1. This week is Read an RPG Book in Public Week. You can find information over at The Escapist. Just grab your favorite RPG book and head to a public place and start to read. I read my copy of Vampire the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition on the campus of the University of Virginia today. I had a few good ideas while reading too. Also, it was nice to re-read some sections of the rule book. I’ll be re-reading the whole book and rethinking some of my notions about Vampire and how I create NPCs in the near future. The most important reason to take part in this event is to increase the visibility of the role-playing community, also some of us need to get outside more.
2. +By Night Studios is still offering a chance to pre-order Mind’s Eye Theatre: Vampire the Masquerade LARP core rule book on their website. The rulebooks are available in PDF, soft cover, hard cover, and a deluxe format. The PDF is only $25.00 and the soft cover is $35.00. Reasonable prices for an entire game. Take advantage of this! From what I’ve seen so far this game looks great. I’m hopeful that I’ll play in my first LARP soon. I already have a character in mind. Also, I really can't wait to read and review this book!
3. I’d like to thank +Senshi Shiroi for translating some of my articles and some of the Player and Storyteller Resources into Spanish. I haven’t had a chance to thank Senshi publicly so here’s my chance. If you can read Spanish then please check Senshi’s blog, El Critico Blanco. Another Blogger who writes in Spanish is MarioJPC (Follow him on Twitter) at La Crisma de Simon el Mago.
4. I’d like to thank all the bloggers who have shared my blog or articles with their readers. +Peter Amthor runs Voices in my Head. +Todd Rokely writes Chimerical Realms and I’m using his list of topics for my 30 Day Challenge. Todd is almost done with the 30 day challenge and I'd like to wish him the best of luck as he approaches the final days of the challenge! I’d like to thank all of the bloggers and fans for sharing my blog, and if you have a VtM, CWoD, or role playing blog, let me know, I’ll share yours. If you know of any other Vampire the Masquerade, Werewolf the Apocalypse, Mage the Ascension or other Classic World of Darkness Bloggers, please leave a link below in the comments. I’d like to share links to all of the bloggers out there. One of my goals is to add and help build a stronger World of Darkness community.
5. Currently, several books for Vampire the Masquerade and the other Storyteller System games are in development. At LA by Night, which I sadly missed, the developers took ideas from audience members at a panel and developed an initial outline mixing the developer’s ideas along with the community’s own ideas. V20 Dark Ages is under development and the first blog entry about the development is available along with an outline draft. A sample of the art for the upcoming Mage the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition is available as well. Take a look at the White Wolf Blog and see the list of books currently in development. It's updated each Monday, mostly... There is so much cool stuff on the way that I can’t wait to get my hands on! Also, PLEASE, take advantage of the open source game design documents that are available. This is your chance to make your voice heard in the development of these games! Even if you don't have anything to add, I think that reading these developer documents is a fun peek behind the scenes of game development.
Thanks so much for putting up with another post today, but I really needed to get some of this off my chest. See you guys tomorrow with Day 3 of my 30 Day Challenge.