Anthony Douglas Jennings
Education Master of Arts, Incomplete
The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
English as a Second Language
(30 of 36 hours complete)
Bachelor of Arts, May 2000
The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
Major: English; Minor: Italian
Experience Freelance Proofreader, January 2016 – Current
· Assisted writers in preparing manuscripts for publication in academic journals in a timely manner to meet publication deadlines.
· Ensured that manuscripts adhered to the rules and standards of the appropriate style guides – MLA, APA, or Chicago.
· Used Microsoft Word’s track changes and comments feature to review, offer suggestions, and mark up manuscripts.
Conversion Expert, December 2015 – Current
Adventure a Week Games
· Converted Pathfinder compatible adventures to be compatible with Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition.
· Revised Pathfinder compatible spells, monsters, and encounters to monster statistics and rebuilt encounters with respect to balance for adventures using Dungeons & Dragons 5E.
· Collaborated with developers and editors to maintain consistency among products.
Freelance Writer, October 2014 – Current
· Drafted chapters, articles, and adventures for roleplaying game systems with strict deadlines as commissioned by developers.
· Reviewed, edited, and revised chapters in response to editors’ feedback using Microsoft Office’s track changes feature.
· Collaborated with the developer and other writers during the writing and revising processes.
· Maintained an online presence through blogging, social media, and networking to improve my brand.
Customer Service Manager, August 2014 – Current
University of Virginia Bookstore
· Managed and trained student employees and temporary employees with an emphasis on customer satisfaction.
· Assisted in the resolution of customer conflicts in line with store policies.
· Revised the Customer Service Manual to reflect an update to the store’s computer system for refunds, exchanges, and daily procedures.
Co-Director Crisis Management, April 2009 – April 2013
Kami-Con Anime Convention
· Identified and resolved key issues during planning of convention activities for a convention of over 3,600 attendees.
· Coordinated with Con Chair and other staff to prioritize and resolve serious crises as they occurred during the convention.
· Planned, scheduled, and executed a gaming center where Pokemon video game players could compete in casual games and a tournament.
· Supervised a staff of volunteers who were essential to success of the convention.
Tutor, Sept 2008 – May 2011
University of Alabama English Language Institute
· Proofread and assisted students with revising essays by improving organization, sentence structure, and vocabulary choices.
· Reviewed and re-taught grammar lessons for struggling students.
· Conversed with English Language Learners on a variety of topics to develop their pronunciation and speaking abilities.
· Prepared English Language Learners for TOEFL, ITAP Speak Test, and other high stakes tests.
Intern, Sept 2008 – Dec 2010
Tuscaloosa County School System
· Assisted teachers and administrators as part of Tuscaloosa County’s English as a Second Language coaching model which emphasized teacher training and preparation.
· Taught small groups of student using authentic writing samples to increase English language proficiency so they could compose their own short essays.
· Collaborated with school counselors, special education instructors, classroom teachers, and school administrators to provide support for English Language Learners’ families.
Editor’s Assistant, Sept 1996 – May 1997
The Crimson White Newspaper, University of Alabama
· Maintained correspondence between the newspaper’s editors, reporters, and university officials.
· Copyedited manuscripts with an emphasis on grammar, appropriate vocabulary, and readability.
· Selected appropriate articles from the Associated Press wire to provide readers with national and international news items.
Computer Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and QuickBooks
Volunteer UA Summer Reading Program, June 2009
Language Passed Japanese Language Proficiency Test Level 4
Honors Most Outstanding Graduate Student in ESL, 2009
& Grand Prize Winner, Kobold Press’s Real Steel Contest 2016.