Sunday, March 29, 2015

A Day Late and an Article Short

I'm sorry to say that I won't be offering a new and insightful article or review this week.  Things have been a little busy here.  But I will offer some news that might be of interest to you.

I finished reading Evermeet:  The Isle of Elves by Elaine Cunningham.  It was a tremendous novel that gave a full history of the Elves of Forgotten Realms and turned Evermeet from a ideal, pastoral land of happy Elves into a wonderful place to set adventures that involve intrigue and deception.  I highly recommend this one (along with any other novel by Elaine Cunningham) to fans of fantasy fiction or Forgotten Realms fans. 

I also finished reading Tribebook:  White Howlers.  Jess Hartley has done a great job of not only exploring this extinct tribe but creating an entire campaign setting within a relatively small Tribebook.  Another highly recommended book!  And yes, I will have a full review of this one in the near future. 

As many of you know I'm working as a freelance writer for The Onyx Path so I dedicate most of my time to working on that project.  I'll give you all full details of the project when it's published. 

Finally, I'm hoping to have a full and spoilerific review of Hoard of the Dragon Queen ready for next week.  I just finished running it for my D&D group, and I feel this one deserves a thorough review, not only as a book but as an adventure that has been run to fruition.  There is a big difference between reading an adventure and running it. 

Well, that's it for this week.  See you in two weeks, or maybe sooner if I finish up something early.


1 comment:

  1. Dear Mr. Jennings, I have been reading this blog for only a short time but I must confess. I like the cut of your jib.

    Having said that, I'd like to take the opportunity to point you at my own place and see if you can find some use for it.

    I write a blogspot blog entitled “Painted Corners”
    One of the things that I enjoy doing with my roleplaying games is making the details of my characters world come alive. What I refer to as “Painting the Corners in the World of Darkness”

    BTW: You don’t even have to play World of Darkness game to get some use out of this work. It will work for ANY modern day urban fantasy setting you might favor, with minimal re-tooling.

    This blog is a repository of people, places, widgets, legends, and bit of occult book text. So that you can make it look you’ve done a TON of work tricking out your own personal World of Darkness. And I lean mostly on the side of mortals so that you can concentrate on whatever creatures you favor for your games. I also leave the mechanics of a particular thing up to you. A fairly crunchy antagonist for Vampire is likely to be hor’s de combat in a Mage game.

    The point of this whole exercise is enrich the playing experience, keep my writing tools sharp, and hopefuly build a audience, so, if you like what you see, I’d appreciate it if you’d tell a friend. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete